staying healthy is our jam year-round, but especially right now with a new babe in the house.
some things we do to support our wellness:
- elderberry syrup
- vitamin c
- good probiotics
- lots of greens! (smoothies, juices, salads)
- essential oils
- chiropractor visits
- lots of hand washing
- anndddd bone broth!! just made a big batch ❤ and so easy to make, even for me, who is lazy AF in the kitchen. We try and drink a little each day.
here is why you need it:
Bone broths has so so many valuable amino acids, collagen, gelatin, and trace minerals.
-filled with amino acids (the building blocks of proteins)
-collagen/gelatin, which help form connective tissue
-nutrients that support digestive functions, immunity and brain health
-good for gut health
-supports our immune systems
-supports our metabolism
Instant Pot Bone Broth
- Bones (I usually use chicken bones from 2 cooked chickens)
- Assorted veggies - like half an onion, a few carrots, a few stalks of celery, and fresh herbs if I have them on hand (or a drop of Rosemary Vitality after it’s done cooking!)
- Splash of apple cider vinegar (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt.
- Filtered water
Here is how I make it!
- Stick bones in Instant Pot and top with veggies, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
- Add water until the pot is 2/3 full. If you have time, let the pot sit for 30 minutes so the vinegar can begin to pull minerals out of the bones. I am lazy and don’t wait.
- Push the 'Soup' button and set the pressure to "low" while increasing the cook time time to 120 minutes.
- After two hours, let the Instant Pot to depressurize naturally.
- Strain the broth and discard the bones and vegetables. Pour broth into jars and store in the fridge. I like these Weck jars!
Anyone else making bone broth?